Redmoor High is a very popular school and being a small school enables us to offer a personalized education for every child. However, we are conscious of the increasing numbers of parents or carers who want a place for their child and have recently increased our planned admission number without increasing our small class sizes.
Redmoor is a comprehensive school with a planned admission limit of 185 pupils for this year. Pupils will be admitted at age 11 without reference to ability or aptitude. You can obtain a copy of our Admissions Policy by contacting the school. Applications should be made using the Leicestershire County Council website.
Applications for places must be received by Wednesday 31st October. To avoid being disappointed in September 2013, we urge all parents or carers who wish to send their children to Redmoor to express their preference by completing the online application form provided by Leicestershire County Council. If you have any difficulties please contact the school directly and we will be happy to help.
Redmoor High School Academy Trust has determined the following priority criteria:
- A ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.
- Children on whose behalf written evidence of exceptional medical or social need is presented, such evidence being supplied by a professionally involved third party and which must set out the particular reasons why the Academy is the most suitable school.
- Children with a sibling attending Redmoor at the time of application.
- Children living permanently in the Redmoor catchment area.
- Children currently attending a feeder primary school who may not live in the catchment area.
- Children of staff, where the member of staff has been employed at Redmoor on a permanent contract for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to Redmoor is made.
- Children who live nearest to Redmoor as the crow flies.