Students will sit 3 papers following the AQA Geography GCSE course (8035).
Living with the physical environment – exam time 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3.1.1 Section A: The challenge of natural hazards – focus on earthquakes
- 3.1.2 Section B: The living world
- 3.1.3 Section C: Physical landscapes in the UK – Rivers & Coasts
Challenges in the human environment – exam time 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3.2.1 Section A: Urban issues and challenges
- 3.2.2 Section B: The changing economic world
- 3.2.3 Section C: The challenge of resource management – topics tbc
Geographical applications – exam time 1 hour 15 minutes
GCSE Bitesize revision is a good place to start for revision and tests.
Many students have the CGP revision guides (which can also be bought)
The AQA website also has some sample papers and mark schemes that are accessible to students and parents
Attention must be given to learning specific case studies. These will be in books but further research will support learning.
Care must be given to revising the correct topics from revision guides and websites