Redmoor Academy is against bullying and any form of behaviour which causes pain or distress to another person.
- You have a right to be safe!
- Nobody has the right to make you unhappy!
- If you are being bullied or know that someone is being bullied tell someone.
- It is not your fault.
- Keeping quiet gives bullies power.
- By just telling someone you can take that power away.
- Remember it is the bully that has the problem and not you!
- Bullies need help!
Bullying can be…
- Physical : pushing, kicking, hitting or any use of violence.
- Verbal : name-calling, sarcasm, spreading rumours, threatening, teasing about someone’s race/gender/size/performance/looks/background etc.
- Emotional : excluding, tormenting, being unfriendly, looks, silence, staring, texting, MSN®, Facebook etc.
You have a right to feel safe and happy at Redmoor Academy.
” Talk Talk Talk ”
– to a member of staff, a school ‘Buddy’, the school nurse, your friends, a trusted adult or your parents.
All incidents will be treated seriously and appropriate action will be taken.
Remember all pupils have signed an Anti Bullying Agreement.