Year 10 and 11 are crucial years in your child’s education. It becomes the time when they explore the subjects they love further and begin to focus on qualifications and subjects that can support their future career aspirations. With this can come a range of feelings and emotions, from excitement to stress and anxiety. At Redmoor, we make sure that students are supported in every way, academically and emotionally, so that they can enjoy these years and reach their full potential. We will:
- Deliver a challenging and engaging curriculum so that they enjoy their learning and are well prepared for Year 11 assessments
- Provide them with the best pastoral care so they always have someone in school to support them
- Track their progress carefully and intervene with extra support if necessary
- Communicate with you so you can support your child at home
- Provide emotional wellbeing interventions with trained staff if needed
- Understand your child as an individual and support them to make sure they realise their full potential
As parents and carers we ask that:
- You engage with us as much as possible so that you know what is going on at school and can support your child
- There is a quiet place where your child can work
- You help your child to establish good habits regarding screen time, sleeping, eating and exercise
- You support our decisions and extra interventions we put in place for the wellbeing and progress of your child.
- You discuss your child’s progress with them
The support and information found in the booklet below will help you and your child make the most of their KS4 experience as we work together to ensure they achieve. This guide will help you better understand how students learn at Redmoor (and the science behind our approach), our expectations of students’ effort, and the ways in which you can to support your child’s independent learning at home.